In some cases when dealing with virtual machines you might run into an issue with multiple network adapters. One evident issue is a conflicting IP assigned to an old adapter that no longer is visible. To resolve this issue you can follow these steps:
IP address on a network adapter
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd.exe, and then press ENTER.
- Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1, and then press ENTER.
- Type Start DEVMGMT.MSC, and then press ENTER.
- Click View, and then click Show Hidden Devices.
- Expand the Network Adapters
- Right-click the dimmed network adapter, and then click Uninstall.