Here are some resources compiled from Hazel here at VMware, with expansion courtesy of ATL Site Council members. Please feel free to share with your teams, as many of us have small children.
- Build your own computer – also introduces them into coding – Link on amazon
- Code.org & https://studio.code.org/courses – “ Learn computer science – Change the world” cool coding website for kids , parents and teachers
- Scratch & Scratch Jr – developed by MIT “ Coding is the new literacy! With Scratch Jr, young children (ages 5-7) can program their own interactive stories and games. In
- eLearning for Kids – The process, they learn to solve problems, design projects, and express themselves creatively on the computer.”
- ABC 7 NY Free Educational Resources: Includes Oxford Owl, Mystery Science, ABCya, Prodigy Math, Code Academy, National Geographic Kids Science Lab, Khan Academy, Duolingo, etc.)
- Slick Deals Free Educational Resources
Educational TV (Baby-Small Child):
Free Printable Worksheets:
- TeachersPayTeachers.com – An awesome resource for worksheets and activities for all ages. Both free & more detailed options most under $8. I’ve used this for years especially during the summer!
- https://education.minecraft.net – This requires an account but it works with Fulton’s O365 license
- MYSTERY SCIENCE – Who doesn’t love a fun science video?! Mystery Science has pulled together their most popular science lessons & are offering them free for anyone to use. They offer short & long lessons targeted to your child’s specific grade level like one of our favorites, Do Animals Laugh? 🙂
- SCHOLASTIC – Active day by day learning journeys at your fingertips! Plus it’s FREE!
- LUNCHDOODLES with MO – Mo Willems who writes and illustrates Piggie and Elephant, Pigeon Books and much more is doing a live video each day to explore ways of writing & drawing.
- Art with ROB – Take your child’s art lesson to the next level with this fun step by step drawing lesson that even my 4 yr old LOVES!
- GO NOODLE & COSMIC YOGA – Fantasic apps designed to get your kiddos moving. Easily downloaded on your SmartTV, iPhone or iPad. We especially love the Go Noodle dance videos… dance party anyone??
- ZOOM – If you haven’t heard yet, Zoom is the new FaceTime! Video chat with up to 100 friends for FREE… such a great way to connect with all of our friends in the comfort of your home.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS – Explore everything from US presidents, space travel to wacky animal videos for free.
- BUTTERFLY GROWING KIT – A guaranteed crowd pleaser! Fun & interactive activity to watch nature’s most spectacular transformation up close.
Museums, Zoos & Aquariums:
- High Museum
- National Museum of Natural History
- Museum of Modern Art
- Fernbank Museum
- American Museum of Natural History
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan
- Georgia Aquarium
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- National Aquarium
- Bronx Zoo
- San Diego Zoo
- Cincinnati Zoo HOME SAFARI – Every afternoon at 3pm on their Facebook page, The Cincinnati Zoo is offering a behind the scenes look at their animals! What a fun way to virtually visit the zoo!